Welcome To My Blog



Ever wonder what it's like to be in that moment between struggling artist and published author? Read on and find out.



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WRiTE CLUB

Sometimes the unexpected walks up and slaps you in the face – and you like it.


 

            When I got up this morning I had two ideas in my head for what I would blog about today. However, after a quick tour through the blogs I normally follow I found something that knocked both of those right out of the ring.
            WRiTE CLUB caught my immediate attention and I knew I had to participate. Simply put, this is a blog event that pits the micro-fiction of the contestants in competition with one another. Two stories go into the writing arena and only one emerges alive. Okay, not really. No stories will be hurt in the process, I just made that up.
            They have already posted the first write-fight and if you sign up you can vote on which one you like the best. Hopefully, I’m not too late with my submission and they will let me take a couple of swings at another author. You know, figurative swings.
            So pop on over and check out sporting event of the year for up and coming authors. It is sooooooo cool.

9 comments:

  1. I have seen this around the blogosphere and haven't had the to pursue it, but it sounds terrific and I'm really looking forward to reading entries even though I haven't time to post one of my own! Good luck with yours, Randy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope I submitted my story in time. It sure looks like fine.

      Delete
    2. I should really proof read my comments. What I meant to say was: It sure looks like fun.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...this WRiTE CLUB of which you speak...I can not say that you are late in submitting because I can not speak of this WRiTE CLUB (lol!!!). However, I would have to say that your chances of submitting on time are very high as I believe you can submit at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, exellent. At leat - theoretically. Because, as you so correctly pointed out, we cannot speak about WRiTE CLUB.

      How are you enjoying the event so far?

      Delete
  3. Hmm... Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, as best I can. One of the rules of WRiTE CLUB is you don't talk about it. So, I'm not allowed to mention when my story comes up for competition. Or what pen name I'm using. Sorry.

      Delete
  4. Oooo, sounds interesting. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy it. I certainly have. Oh, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. : )

      Delete